For all you chocolate lovers, this is a great one. These cakes are super rich, and extremely chocolatey- perfect for a fancy dessert! They’re a little bit more tricky to make than a normal chocolate cake because they have the molten center. But I promise it’s worth the extra work! This is french recipe, so sorry all the measurements are in grams. But here is a website that does the conversion incase you do not have a scale: http://calculator-converter.com/converter_g_to_c_grams_to_cups_calculator.php.
This recipe makes about 6 cakes.
Ingredients for the chocolate cake
140 grams of dark chocolate
110 grams of salted butter
3 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 tablespoon of flour
1 tablespoon of corn starch
50 grams of brown sugar
Ingredients for the molten center
100 grams of dark chocolate
50 grams of butter
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
Any mold will do, as long as the separate compartments are small. (These are about an inch in diameter). Then put the mold in the freezer for the chocolate to harden.
For the cakes:
1. Beat together the eggs and brown sugar until the mixture becomes a light color. Add in the flour and the corn starch. Continue to beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
2. Melt together the chocolate and the butter. Add in the cream. Add this chocolate mixture to the previous egg and sugar mixture.
3. Line a muffin tin with small pieces of parchment paper or paper lines. Fill six compartments about half way with the chocolate batter. Then press two chocolate frozen disks into each cup. Cover with more chocolate batter.
4. Cook in the over for about 15 minutes at 200 C.
5. Enjoy these cakes while they are still warm, so that the center is still melted!